Peter Okoye Speaks On Clash With His Brother | Calls It “Family Quarrel”

Other half of the P-Square duo, Peter Okoye has
come out to speak on his marriage, Kids, music
and also the recent social media clash he had
with his brother, Paul Okoye … He says it’s normal
“family quarrel”. They have made up now.
Read excerpts from his interview with Vanguard
Allure :
How does it feel being married?
It feels great. I won’t say I’m more responsible now
because I have been responsible long before getting
married. I have two kids. One way marriage has
changed me is, I now know what our parents went
through in raising us.For me, I’m now more
composed. I try not to worry too much. I’m more
focused because I need to work hard to look after
my family.
Has your life changed since you became a father
and has it, in any way, affected you and your
career?
Yes, absolutely! My life has changed but it hasn’t
affected my life. I still show my six packs. I still
kiss people in the crowd. I still take my semi-nude
pictures, travel etc. I’m still me and it’s all still part
of the business.
On singing in Igbo
Sometimes, if we don’t sing in Igbo, our people will
crucify us (laughs). If you listen to P-Square, you
will hear Igbo, English, Pidgin English; even French
we try. For us, English is a universal language and
I’m not singing in Igbo to try and please my people
but I like to inculcate my culture through music.
On rumours that P-Square is planning to split or
has split.
Not at all. We just had a minor quarrel just like
everyone who has siblings would. We fight and
make-up; we fought many times last year but we
still go on stage and perform and nobody knows. I
can’t come out and say Paul and I have never
fought.It’s like a couple who has been married for
over 20 years would come out and say they have
never fought. It’s impossible; we are humans. It’s a
normal thing
On rumours their brother, Jude has resigned as
Psquare’s manager.
It’s the same thing; family quarrels. We argued and
made-up. He didn’t resign. We are still working
together and, even when we quarrel, we don’t allow
it to collide with business. There is a line drawn
there.
You guys portray an image of living luxurious
lives with jets and lavish cars. How has this
affected your image in the public eye?
It didn’t affect us. As a matter of fact, it made us
even stronger. A lot of people think we are showing
off but the truth is if we were not showing off, you
would not know what we are worth. If you see me
on okada, you won’t pay me ten million to come and
do a concert. They say, everything we do – people
post it; everything we have, we show off and that we
are not Dangote. My dear, Dangote is not in
showbiz. Whatever we do, we do because that’s the
way it’s supposed to be. What we do is show-
business. It’s a show and it’s business so that’s
what we do

0 comments:

Post a Comment