Why PDP lost at all levels at the 2015 election , Gov. Aliyu finally opens up

Niger State governor, Dr. Babangida Aliyu, has
explained why Peoples Democratic Party lost
massively at both national and state elections .
The who governor spoke in Minna as a special
guest of honour at the convocation lecture of
the Federal University of Technology claimed
that PDP's defeat was not surprising to
Nigerians, adding that the defeat was as a result
of the refusal of the party to adhere to the
single term agreement.
"Many of us saw it coming. When I
reminded us that we had an agreement
for one term(that President Goodluck
Jonathan had agreed to run for one
term), they nearly crucified me. When I
led the G7(group of seven aggrieved PDP
governors), they did not do what we
wanted them to do until five members
left and they did what we asked them to
do.
“I recall also that when APC came on
board, I was the first person to say I was
very happy that ‘now, we have a strong
party to put PDP on its toes’ and many
people were asking that ‘are you really a
member.Up until the last elections, the
allegation against me had always been
that I was a supporter of APC; and now,
you have seen the results , " Aliyu said:
The governor also pointed out other reasons he
believed were responsible for PDP's massive
failure at the polls.

0 comments:

Post a Comment