My minister and I are ready to be persecuted - Jonathan gives very touching speech

President Goodluck Jonathan says he believes
that him and his ministers will be persecuted
after May 29 .He said this on Sunday during
then thanksgiving and farewell service organised
in his honour at the Cathedral Church of the
Advent, Life Camp, Gwarinpa, Abuja
According to him ,his administration took “ hard
decisions” while in office and this could lead to
persecution .Jonathan told the congregation that
he understood clearly that “ hard decisions” had
their own cost and was therefore ready to pay
any price for them .
“I believe there are reasons for
everything. Some hard decisions have
their own cost; and there is no doubt
about that.That I have run the
government this way that stabilised
certain things, the electoral process and
other things that brought stability to this
country. They are very costly decisions
which I must be ready to pay for.Some
people come to me and say this or that
person, is he not your friend that
benefitted? Is it not your government that
this person benefitted from? But this is
what the person is saying.But I used to
say that worse statements will come. If
you take certain decisions, you should
know that those close to you will even
abandon you at some point," he said
“And I tell them that more of my so-
called friends will disappear. When de
Klerk took the decision to abolish
minority rule in South Africa, even his
wife divorced him. I hope my wife will not
divorce me. But that is the only decision
that has made South Africa to be a
global player now. If they still have
minority rule, by this time, nobody will
be talking about them.If you take certain
decisions, it might be good for many but
it might affect others differently. So, for
ministers and aides who served with
me, I sympathise with them because they
will be persecuted. They must be ready
for persecution.
“Quoting Tai Solarin, may your ways be
rough, I say to my ministers, I wish you
what I wish myself. They will have hard
times, we will all have hard times. Our
ways will be rough,”he added.
The president however said it was most
important that the ordinary Nigerians
appreciated what he did and that made him
happy

0 comments:

Post a Comment